Have you got sore joints? Many people will be experiencing an acidic environment in their bodies right now without even knowing it. There are all sorts of symptoms associated with this and a multitude of causes.
This blog will help you to:
- Find out possible causes of acidity in the body
- Recognize symptoms of over acidity in the body
- Teach you how to reduce acidity in the body
What Are Some Of The Potential Causes of Acidity In The Body?
Many things can cause our bodies to become acidic, and knowing what they are can help us to keep acidity in our bodies in check. Possible causes include:
- Allergies to the environment and/or foods – for example, if you have a slight diary or wheat intolerance, or are allergic to pollen
- Inflammatory diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Eczema; Psoriasis; Catarrh (blocked sinuses)
- Over burdened liver – from pesticides in foods, alcohol, medications
- Stimulants – coffee, tea, alcohol, chocolate
- Sugar – probably the biggest contributor to an acidic environment
- Carbonated drinks – these are extremely acidic without sugar, and then most add sugar as well
- Excess consumption of meat, dairy product, and egss – the processing within our bodies produces acid
- Stress – raises cortisol levels
What Are the Symptoms of Inflammation & Acidity In The Body?
- Reduced energy
- Feeling cold – particularly your hands and feet.
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
- Sore eyes
- Acid reflux
- Inflamed gums
- Sensitive teeth
- Difficulty in losing weight
- Brain fog
- Scaly patches on the skin
How Can You Reduce Acidity In The Body?
As you can see there are many many causes of acidity in the body, in fact, most of what we do makes our bodies acid. Some of the factors causing acidity may not be able to be controlled, for example allergy to pollen or taking medications – where there are factors causing acidity in your body which are out of your control, it is important to take extra care to avoid all other causes of acidity.
WHY? because bodies that are acidic hurt, they don’t functionally optimally, they are prone to illness, and they do not heal well.
SO WHAT CAN YOU DO? Well, you can avoid everything on the acid causing list, but the six things which will make the biggest difference for you are:
- Cut out all sugar and cut back on fruit- stevia is a suitable substitute
- Cut out processed foods
- Cut out coffee/tea/alcohol
- Cut out carbonated drinks
- Drink at least 2 litres of water a day – preferably alkaline which you can make at home if you have an alkalizing jug (see link below for the one we use)
- Eat lots of greens
I know this seems like a lot, but if your body is in an acidic state it takes action this drastic to remedy it – you can go back to occasional acid producing food/drink when your body is feeling better.
To buy an effective alkalizing jug click here.
The chart below outlines the acidity or alkalinity of various foods and drink for your interest.