Galvanic Treatments utilize a direct current on the surface of the skin. A direct current means that the current flows one way, positive to negative or the reverse. Depending on the direction of the current used there are various benefits for the skin.
Iontophoresis: During this procedure, a positively charged gel is applied to your skin and a positively charged current is passed through your skin, which helps push the active ingredients applied to your skin deep into the epidermal layers. Additionally this treatment hardens the skin tissue and makes it more resilient, and is therefore useful for inflammatory skin conditions.
Desincrustation: During this procedure a disincrustation fluid is used with a negatively charged galvanic current to soften and emulsify the keratin and sebum inside the pores, therefore deeply cleaning the skin and pores.
Benefits of Galvanic Treatments vary depending on the polarity of the treatment, but include:
- Improving circulation in the skin
- Restoring integrity to the epidermal barrier
- Deeply cleansing the skin and pores
- Improving oxygenation of the skin cells
- Improving the elasticity of the skin by bringing fresh nutrients to the skin cells and stimulating muscle fibres
- Detoxifying impurities
- Improving hydration levels in the skin
- Improving skin tone
- Enhances product penetration
You can try a Galvanic Treatment during one of the facials at Puhoi Beauty & Spa, for example the Smells Like Teen Spirit Facial which you can learn more about by clicking here.