Faradic Treatments use an electrical current to stimulate the motor point(s) of a muscle with the intention of causing a muscle contraction without any effort from the client. The purpose of causing a muscle contraction is to tone the muscle.
On the face, this toning effect on muscles can lift sagging jowls and restore a youthful structure to the face. On the body, toning muscles can help to streamline the silhouette, reducing inches off the physique.
Many muscles on the body can be treated at once, providing a full body work out in only 20 minutes whereas the same effect at a gym could require up to 1 hour. The body can also be treated whilst other treatments such as a facial are performed saving further time.
After injury, faradic treatments can be beneficial in building up muscle without placing pressure on joints. Faradic Treatments have also been used for stroke victims and those affected by loss of muscle responsitivity.
The effects of Faradic Treatments include:
- Improving tone of the muscle(s)
- Lifting sagging musculature
- Increasing blood supply to the muscles therefore improving the function of the muscle fibres
- Speeding up the body’s metabolism and burning fat
- Reducing cellulite
- improving muscle condition
- Stimulating nerve endings and motor points in muscles increasing the brains awareness of muscles which have previously been off line
- Working muscles in a safe way after injury
- Increasing circulation to bring fresh oxygen and nutrients to the muscles
- Improving lymphatic function
- Shaping the shiloutte
- Reducing inches off the waist line
- Toning muscles in hard to work areas such as the triceps and adbomen